9.10.2010

DQS9 Sent


DQS9 Sent
Originally uploaded by sames5

It's done. It was not my original design. But, it was one I've been wanting to make for a while....for myself.

I was lucky enough to participate in Doll Quilt Swap #9 (DQS9). We had more than enough time to design, chose fabric, sew and post but I still found myself a bit under the gun. I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I really love the way this mini turned out. My
partner has received it (along with a few goodies). I am happy to report the parcel made it safely across the big drink and is residing in a pink and white bedm in the UK.

It's kind of hard to see from the picture...the block is a wonky maverick star. The center fabric was fused on to a piece of backing then randomnly quilted then cut to size to be the center block of the star. I did some hand stitching with embroidery floss around the star and machine quilted random, fluid lines on the quilt top.


1 comment:

  1. sooo cute and i love the quilting you did! amazing the impact of just one block.

    ReplyDelete