1.07.2009

Another challenge

I have decided to join Project Improv hosted by Jacquie (go take a look). For me it is a means to move away from patterns and rules and move towards sewing outside the lines. I am so new to this idea that I would not even consider myself a beginner. However, I have a starter project in mind (think 'wonky log cabin') that, if all goes well, may be sent to my mini quilt swap partner next month. The added bonus? Sure, there's one. Every participant will be making an extra block that will be added to others to make a charity quilt. How great is that? Learning something new, pushing my personal boundaries and doing a bit of good along the way! I like it!

1 comment:

  1. The best thing about improvising is, you're never wrong. You don't have to be precise, or perfect, and you can always trim or square it up if need be. To me it's all about the pattern and color of the fabric. I can't wait to see what comes out of it. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do for the black and white project. So far it's all pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete