1.04.2010

Happy New Year!


Ok. so I am a few days late. I have no excuses. I'm just late. I hope that everyone had a safe and healthy holiday season. We stayed home and shared Christmas dinner with a few good friends then traveled to MI and upstate (further upstate then we live) last week. This being our last year with no children, I really wanted to stay home and enjoy the holiday. Everything will be changing soon....3 more months (give or take a day or two).

I managed to get a few projects done since my last post. This quilt was made by the participants in this virtual quilting bee. We all made a block from the fabrics I provided. The top was fun to put together although the bias edges gave me a bit of a fit. It's not perfectly square but I love it just the same. I free motion quilted in on my Pfaff CV. The bobbin tension is a bit wonky and I'll have to continue to diagnose that problem. Other than that, I love how crinkly it is. Obviously, Odin likes it to (he was only under the quilt for the photo then it promptly got removed and placed in waiting for TBA to arrive).

December I was lucky enough to be Sunflowerquilt's swap partner in Dec's STUD. I really love the mini I put together. I used fabric from my stash and was able to complete the petals without repeating any of the fabric. I used a combination of fusible and raw edge applique. I had visions (delusions) of making a full size quilt using the Joseph's Coat pattern But, let's be honest, I don't think I have the patience for all that hand applique. However, these ladies do and are doing a great job.

I am signed up for Jan's STUD theme (rainbows). My partner already has her mini done and ready to mail! I know what I am going to make, just have to do it.

Other than that, we are busy getting the nursery put together.

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for a new picture of the handsome guy! Looks like he is liking the quilt - isn't it funny how they like to be all warm and cozy?! Daisy is laying on her bed with her quilt on her right now, snoring away of course -!

    ReplyDelete