2.01.2009

Swaps and WIPs

January was the 1st month that I participated in this swap. The theme was 'Sing It, Watch It, Read It'. Now, anyone that knows me knows that I am a planner. I've recently decided to join the world of improv sewing/quilting and decided that Jan's swap was a good place to start. My swap partner, Jill, gave me 3 book titles to work from. It finally decided on To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Here's the final product. It's hard to see but I embroidered 2 quotes from the book on to the quilt.
This week finished w/ a lovely package from
Jill. She and I finished our swap projects at the same time! The 1st picture is actually a picture from Jill's blog (since my pics are not nearly as clear). Jill picked 'Crazy' by Patsy Cline (one of the 3 ideas I sent her). This mini is fantastic - hand embroidery, vintage lace and buttons! Love, love, love it!

Here is a peak at the black and white project I started yesterday. Nadine had another free class and we made wavy table runners. I have to finish quilting and add some embellishments. So far, I love it! I can totally see doing this to make fabric for bags, totes, scarves, etc! Possibilities abound!

Just One More...project done, walk w/ the dog, pilates video done, trip to the grocery to buy fruits and veggies!

2 comments:

  1. What a great little swap! Those blocks are really cute! I love the black and white fabrics and the crazy stitching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sara,
    thanks for stop over to my blog. Come on, I'll wait for your curvy lines block so..I have a friend then to sharing and learning together:)
    btw, you embroidered the quotes?? Wow...

    ReplyDelete