9.24.2009

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!


AQB1 - Aug
Originally uploaded by sames5

Anyone who knows me knows that I hate, hate, hate being late. And, boy, is this block late.

I received some great kitchy kitchen fabric, 3 solid fabrics and 2 colors of embroidery cotton. The lovely packet of goods arrived in early August (it may have even been late July). The request for August's block was simple. Make a block that featured the kitchen print fabric and do a bit of embroidery. Simple, right? Well, not for me. I just could not find or think of a block that I wanted to do and I did not want to settle. Finally, yesterday I opened a book I had at home and got inspired. It took me a bit of thinking and figuring but, when it was all said and done, the block came out pretty much the way I wanted. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture but the block is a clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment